Friday, September 9, 2016

3 Little Chibis


I'm not that fond of manga and anime. Much less chibi art. Much less actually drawing it. But I tried to do it anyway just to see if I could. First, I found that I really don't enjoy copying anime art styles more than I enjoy copying western cartoon culture. Second, I also found that drawing anime hair "properly" is much harder than I thought.

As for the drawings themselves, I don't think I did a great job but it wasn't too bad either. I might actually do more of these in the future just for the heck of it. The several months of practice so far have gotten me from drawing characters out of circles and squares back in late 2014-early 2015 to this. I feel like I'm slowly inching my way from "amateur" to "mediocre". It's not great but it's way better than no progress at all.

Reference(s):
http://www.wikihow.com/Draw-a-Chibi-Character

No comments:

Post a Comment