Saturday, October 8, 2016

Learning To Be A Cartoonist - Part 1


Something that I've always dreamed of since I was a kid was to become a cartoonist. Back then, it was a bit of a vague dream. I did live a very distracted life back then. My entire life and motivations revolved mainly around video games, and so I never actually started a deep habit of drawing but I did occasionally doodle cartoons on paper and textbooks but I never fully addressed the deep emotional baggage and distraction that was holding me back from beginning.


Now I'm 19 years old and I'm only just beginning to have real commitment to drawing cartoons. And it's quite shocking to me how I've managed to start a habit of building a foundation for a possible future career of becoming a cartoonist within just a few months of hard work. I really really REALLY wish I had started way earlier than I did and hadn't wasted a huge portion of my early life doing stupid stuff. But at the same time, I also recognize that I'm still young and that I have a lot of time to shift the trajectory of my life so it isn't wasted. Making cartoons is something I've been wanting to do for a very long time going way back to my childhood. My adult mind perceives high difficulty to come if I were to pursue this seriously. My child mind sees an opportunity to feel alive again.

References:

No comments:

Post a Comment