Thursday, September 22, 2016

Sketching some scenery from my house


The drawing book I've been reading has given me some more tips on drawing landscapes. It said that it's a good idea to draw the view outside your window because it's usually the most convenient. So I did but I didn't bother to draw my actual window, just the view outside even though the example on the book showed the window included in the drawing.

Later that afternoon, I wanted to do another landscape sketch so I took a picture of my backyard and went did a sketch of that.



I didn't want to add in that much detail though. Just the basic shapes, and some plants with leaves. It ended up being more one-point perspective practice.

Reference(s):

Barrington Barber 2015. The Fundamentals of Drawing: A Complete Professional Course for Artists, pp 30-31.

No comments:

Post a Comment